The Club Nàutic Sant Feliu de Guíxols transfers 60 years of documentation to the Municipal Archives - Club Nàutic Sant Feliu de Guixols

The Sant Feliu Yacht Club has transferred documentation to the Municipal Archives of Sant Feliu de Guíxols. The signing of the cession document was made this Friday, June 3 in the municipal plenary hall, by the mayor of Sant Feliu de Guíxols, Carles Motas, and the president of the Sant Feliu de Guíxols Yacht Club, Albert Rosés.

Two-way contribution

The provision of documentation has been done in two ways. On the one hand, a sheet of documentation generated discontinuously between 1912 and 1940 by the Corporation of Practices of Sant Feliu de Guíxols has been transferred in a donation to the city council of Sant Feliu de Guíxols. These documents consist mostly of correspondence, but there are also some loose notes that indicate the tonnage of specific vessels and informative and regulatory bulletins related to port activities or that of the practical ones. These documents have been located in the middle of the documentary collection of the Club Nàutic Sant Feliu de Guíxols during the archival treatment of the Club’s documentation and will be added to the documents that the Municipal Archive keeps about this corporation.

On the other hand, the Yacht Club will transfer its general documentary collection over more than 60 years of history to the City Council of Sant Feliu de Guíxols on a commodity regime to guarantee its conservation and dissemination. This collection is of high cultural and informative value and includes the testimony of a key stage in the history of Sant Feliu de Guíxols generated from the actions deployed by the CNSFG for the promotion and defense of nautical activities from a cultural, social and sporting perspective.

Conservation and Recovery of nautical memory

The president of the Sant Feliu de Guíxols Yacht Club, Albert Rosés, believes that this assignment “will help the conservation and recovery of the nautical memory of the city and will surely also help to bring the port and its activities closer to the city, a goal that the current board of directors has pursued since its arrival in 2012”.